Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Story of Life Is Quicker Than the Blink of An Eye

"Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness."
If I could sum up my job at Hollow Park... I would use the quote above. 
I love my job
It brings me happiness
I had to make one of the hardest career choices I've ever had to make in the history of Ashley's career choice making... Ever.
I decided to leave my job at Hollow Park.
The job I worked so hard at.
The job I looked forward to going to everyday.
I decided to leave it. 
Stepping down as assistant manager has been super emotional for me. It's emotional for me because I have a job I love, I'm in the field I want to specialize in, and now I get to leave it all because I can't pay bills.
I found a new job.

I work for ARUP Laboratories in Salt Lake City as a Specimen Processing Technician in the Specimen Receiving department. Sounds fancier than it is.
I now work in a field I know NOTHING about. 
I'm trying to be positive about the whole situation though.
I've made a "PRO'S" list. 
  • The company I now work for is super awesome to their employees. (free health clinic, free gym/nutritionists on site, amazing benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc. ) 
  • I'm learning things I never thought I'd be learning about.
  • I have a very high chance of moving up in this company. (if I work hard enough... which I will)
  • I work in Salt Lake, so I get to see a brand new outlook on life outside of Utah County.
  • I have tons and tons of awesome coworkers. 
  • I have a particular set schedule, I won't get called in like I used to all the time.   
And my favorite... 
  • It's work that I can actually leave at work.  
 It's going to be good for me in the long run, and I'm still going to be on-call at Hollow Park. It's just hard in the moment. We all have things we need to sacrifice in order to survive. I'm not the only one who goes through this. Unfortunately we all have to do something similar at one point in our lives.
 
But anyhow, here's to new chapters in the "Book of Ashley" 
 

1 comment:

  1. No way!!!! I did not know that you left!!!!! Wow!!! It is the HARDEST thing ever isn't it?!? I can't wait to see what the next chapter brings in your life!

    ReplyDelete