Friday, May 31, 2013

So Many Updates, So Little Time!

As most of you know, I'm back home in Utah enjoying every second of it, although they're very busy seconds! Leaving Chicagoland was really hard, but it's what I needed to do and I can tell an immediate difference of happiness levels already! (Not that I wasn't happy before, I'm just happier being home!)

A lot has happened in the one month I've been home. For example, I got my job at the group home back, as well as a new job at a treatment center for troubled youth. I only had 4 days of no work. I got super lucky coming home knowing I wouldn't be out of a job. The first week I was home was spent at training for my new job! I seriously still can't believe how much I lucked out. Super grateful for that one.

I also co-adopted a new puppy, Coco. She's 11 months old and the cutest thing ever. My friends and I went to "only look" at her, and ended up taking her home. She lives with my friend and her husband, but I go visit when I can, and I help out as much as possible. (This is me trying to convince myself she's my dog too) Coco is blind and missing her right eye. Her original owners were not very good ones, and allowed an eye infection she got as a small puppy to get worse without taking her to the vet. She got Glaucoma in both eyes and her right one had to get removed because of it. Now this may sound like a sad story, but Coco is actually a very happy little puppy. She was able to adapt SO well to her disability and is the smartest little dog I've ever met. She's learning so much in her new home and she's absolutely happy and playful as can be. I honestly forget she's blind most of the time. She's such a good pup. We love her so much!

Being home and being with my family has been great! I've been helping them out so much again and it's been awesome. Although I don't think my dad was too thrilled with having to share his house again, so I am currently looking for an apartment. (Let me know if you guys see any good deals!) Other than that, seeing my family and friends has been amazing.

There are SOME cons about moving home. Like missing my Illinois family and not being able to experience the big city life of Chicago anymore. Illinois was my home. I definitely miss a lot about it. Utah was just my home first so... It won.

I've been keeping in touch with my kiddos. We Skype and talk on the phone so we don't miss each other as bad. It's been hard not seeing them literally every day. Me moving home definitely wasn't goodbye to my family out there forever though. I'll for sure be visiting Illinois very often! It's my second home! I can't wait to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment