Monday, February 4, 2013

I Need Hobbies

Ohhhh my life. It's pretty dull nowadays. Now that it's FREEZING cold outside, I don't like to leave the house much. I get pretty bored hanging out by myself most of the time.

I've been trying to think of ways to occupy my time after work and on my days off. Now that school isn't an option at the moment, I thought maybe I'd take up some hobbies. My gosh, it's hard to think of things I like to do.

I looked into singing lessons because that's the hobby I'm most passionate about, but being I'm in Chicagoland, all possible teachers seem to be broadway experts and cost waaaayyy too much money. That's a no go!

So what to do now? I can't do the things I did in Utah. Camping, hiking, fishing, family, friends, none of that is here! I have no idea what else I can do to get me out of the house. I've entertained the thought of volunteering at an animal shelter, but I'm worried it'll make me miss my dog even more, (if that's even possible) or I'll end up falling in love with a dog there that I can't have. Maybe I should shoot for a second job? I just don't know! I'm out of ideas here. Anybody have suggestions?

I don't really have the type of friends out here that I'm comfortable with just calling up spur of the moment and going to do something. Yes, I hang out with people, but it's planned in advance. So don't worry, I do have a social life, just not a busy one.

I've also still been running, it's just on hold for a little while until I can get a new gym pass. Only doing one thing with my time can be annoying though. Yes, exercising daily is a good thing, but I want to do something else for a change too!

So as you can see, my life is a little dull. I'm ALREADY looking forward to my trip back to Utah. (46 more days!) I'm just at a loss on what to do with my time. Kinda sad when I can't think of things I enjoy doing, huh! So like I said, if anybody has any suggestions, you let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment