Saturday, December 8, 2012

That's What Christmas Means To Me, My Love

Some things I like about Christmas:
 
 
 
 
 
Oh my gracious how this year has flown by! Can you believe how close it is to being over? I can't.
 
I started celebrating Christmas a bit earlier this year. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I already had my tree up. My tree is adorable! I went and bought myself an itty bitty one along with a stocking and some Christmas lights for my room. I couldn't help but get festive as soon as I brought it home. Take a look!
 
Isn't it cute? I love it.
 
I'm also extremely happy that I'm COMPLETELY done with my Christmas shopping! Yay! I've been done for a couple of weeks. I wanted to get it done early so I could mail all the gifts that I bought for everyone home. But man it feels good to be done already.
 
Speaking of home... I can't wait to visit! The only down side is that I'm taking a train home. It takes 35 hours to get home by train. I'll be leaving Chicago in the afternoon on the 21st of December and arriving in Utah on the 22nd at 11pm. It's going to be a looooong trip. 70 hours on a train round trip. Yippee. It'll be worth it though!
 
Here, take a look at a neat snowman I found in downtown Naperville
 
 
 
They have 18 of these all throughout the downtown area. Ladybug and I went searching for all of them and she insisted on taking a picture of every single one. This one was my favorite though. They had some pretty cool ones. It was fun to look for them all. Ladybug and I had a good time.
 
Also, I just want to add how AWESOME Chicago looks all decorated for the holidays. Especially at night! Some buildings have red and green lights on them. A lot of buildings have GIANT Christmas trees in their lobbies. Willis Tower has one of the biggest trees I've ever seen. All of the store window displays are cute and festive, there's ice skating at Millennium Park, it's all just so cute and different than what I'm used to! Next time I go to Chicago I'll try and snap some pictures of it so you guys can see what I'm talking about. It's truly an amazing sight.
 
Anyhow, I can't wait to be home for 2 whole weeks! I'll be seeing you all very soon!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment