Saturday, December 8, 2012

Jeff's Gotta Solo!

First of all, let me say happy half year mark to me!
My close family members back home had a bet going for how long I would last out here, and I have officially beat them all. Pay up, losers!
 
Anyways, to celebrate my 6 months here, I decided to go to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert. I also splurged a little and bought a ticket for an AMAZING seat. I was the first row off the floor level off to the left of the stage. I was A LOT closer than I thought I was going to be. Best concert seat I've ever had.


 Being as close as I was, it was really hard to contain my excitement. I was at the concert alone, so I was sitting there smiling like an idiot. I wanted so badly for my brother and dad to be there! I was really close to where the guitar and bass players would go stand, and I could see their facial expressions. I looked so dumb laughing by myself at their little faces they'd make or whatever to make people laugh. I was surrounded by a TON of old people too. Pretty sure I was the only one even getting into the music, or at least showing I was into it. It was awkward when I'd get excited over something and I'd stand up and cheer and everyone would look at me like I was psycho.

 
 The first half of the TSO concert is always a little Christmas story they do. Then the second half of their show is just them completely rocking out. IT. WAS. AWESOME. I could see the band members' sweat, spit, and hear them when they yelled without a microphone. I've never enjoyed myself so much at a concert alone before. I'm so happy I got the seat I did.
 
 
Although I was surrounded by the smell of Old Spice and got a bit motion sick, I had a great time tonight.
 
Here's a little video so you can see how awesome it was to be sitting where I was. I'm not sure if the sound works on it, but turn your volume down just in case if you watch it.
 
video


 

No comments:

Post a Comment