Friday, September 21, 2012

Sick Of Feeling Sick

Fibromyalgia... I hate it.

I haven't had serious problems with Fibromyalgia for almost 2 years now. It hasn't gotten me to the point where it interferes with my daily life for long periods of time, until this last month and a half. I don't know what it is, but I cannot shake this "episode."

I've found that for me personally, endorphins help me a TON with my Fibro. I discovered that as long as I stay active, and work out at least 3 times a week, I'm not bothered by my Fibro at all. My work out of choice is running. Running makes me feel awesome. It gives me energy and the natural ability to keep my relentless disease at bay. But lately, not even staying active is helping me.

I've been trying to figure out what's been going on with my body for a while now. At first it was stress of the move, new atmosphere, and new job. But I got used to all of that and there was no change. Then I found out my Iron was low. No wonder I was so exhausted. Once I had that taken care of, I'd be back to normal, right? Nope. Still tired. Next I thought maybe my sleeping patterns were off. I started going to bed earlier. When I went to bed earlier, I found I was only sleeping even longer. On my days off, I average 17 hours of sleep. That is NOT normal. Even after my 17 hours, I'm STILL soooooo tired. And it's not because I'm lazy, or just love to sleep either. I just have zero energy in my body.

I decided to up my running/working out to 6 times a week to see if that would help. Nope. No change in energy levels, which is really strange because usually that helps me. Fibro is kicking my butt right now. Constant exhaustion, head/body aches, and small flares of IBS. I do not know what's going on!

I guess all I'm trying to say is that I'm super frustrated that I don't know how to help myself in this situation. The doctor can't help me either, because the only thing that helps me along the lines of Fibromyalgia, isn't helping me anymore. Being trapped in a body that isn't my normal 100% is exhausting. Literally! Sometimes I wish I could just solve everything in an instant! Everything will be ok though. I just have to wait it out and keep on living my life. Fibro, you shall not win this one! I will not surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment