Monday, August 6, 2012

Big Time Fun

The Big Time Rush concert on the 4th was a success! Even better? I was able to bring DQ along with me! I didn't end up looking like a freak after all.

We made some super fun shirts for the concert. It's a boy band, you HAVE to make shirts for boy band concerts!


DQ made a Carlos tee and I made a Logan tee.

Anyways, since it was going to be DQ's first concert and all, I wanted to make it fun and take her out to dinner, have a fun little girls night out! Well, too bad I jinx people when I take them to their first concerts. It was stormy when we left the house, and by the time we got to the restaurant, we realized that the ENTIRE city of Tinley Park had lost all power. Luckily we were by a Target so I got the bright idea of getting some deli sandwiches or something simple. That plan failed. I was not aware of this, but apparently you can't buy food when the power has been out. Makes sense I suppose. Anywho, we ended up buying bread, jam, and peanut butter and making PB&J sandwiches in the back of the car.

When we got to the amphitheater, it was about 6:45 and the opening acts were supposed to start at 7:00, so I said, "hey, let's stand in this huge line for souveniers!" We waited in line for like 30 minutes. (you best believe I got me a t-shirt) After standing in the annoying line, we found an ok spot on the lawn and waited. "Any minute now!" I thought. They didn't start the first opening act until 8:15! All due to the dumb power outage. We were glad when it finally starting though.

They have more fans than I thought


FINALLY, after much anticipation, BTR was coming! With the clock counting down from 20 minutes, DQ and I were just goofing off having a fun time waiting. The lights went down, the little girls went crazy with their high pitched screaming, and there they were! They were actually very good live and it was a really fun concert. I'm glad we got to go!

 


I had a really fun time with DQ and was so happy to spend some one on one time with her. She's a super funny girl. I just love her. All in all, it was a great night! Makes a great memory!





No comments:

Post a Comment