Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm Such A Boob

First off, happy Mother's Day 2012! To all you mothers in my life, you deserved to have a great day. I know I had a fun day with my mom/grandmas. I got my grandmas the cutest gifts. I put pictures of their mothers in lockets. They both loved them! And I got my mom a fun mother/daughter letter keepsake kit for when I move to Chicago. Speaking of which, I had to say goodbye to all my cousins on my mom's side today. I don't get to see them very often so it was my last chance to see any of them. As I was hugging each one as they would leave, I felt myself fighting back tears more and more. When my last cousin came to give me a hug, I lost it and started crying! I was so embarrassed!

The reason I started crying was because I kept thinking "this is my last family barbecue for a year. This is the last time I'm going to see people for a whole year!" I'm going to miss out on SO much. I looked at my baby cousin and realized she was going to be a year old when I came back. I'm going to miss 2 baptisms. I'm going to miss one of my baby cousins being born! I kept thinking about all these things I usually never think about. They all sound ridiculous too.

My family really is so important to me, but I'm still extremely anxious to live in Naperville. I have my flight booked and everything. Can you believe I only have 25 days left? That's about 3 weeks. 3. Weeks. Holy crap. I'm going to start packing this week. It's all so crazy to me. This time has FLOWN by! It needs to slow down so I can finish my goodbyes! Believe it or not, I think I'm actually going to miss Utah.

1 comment:

  1. You only see most those cousins once a year anyway...

    ReplyDelete