Friday, April 27, 2012

20 Years And 3 Kids Under My Belt.

Today, it hit me. I'm a mom. Obviously not for real, but with this temporary nanny job, I watch 3 girls anywhere from 8 to 10 hours a day. Ages 8, 5, and 2. I love them to death! I realized what it's going to be like when I have my own kids though. For example, I can't handle when kids have dirty faces, clothes, or messy hair. It drives me NUTS! Everyone told me that it lasts for a couple of days, or it's different when you have your own kids, but not for me. I've always felt that way. I don't care about the extra work. I'm also a firm believer in healthy snacks/meals. The girls will ask for chips or cookies, but I will give them the options like yogurt, vegetables, fruit, or cheese. I do let them eat the junk every once in a while. Even though it drives me crazy. I'm obsessive over good manners. Arguing, hitting, whining, etc, are not ok. The girls have learned to do none of those things now. (At least while I'm here.)

Haha oh my wow... I'm ridiculous! I sound like I'm "Miss Strict Pants," but I swear I'm not. The girls and I have tons of fun too. Like last week, I tought the youngest one how to ride her bike! I've never been so proud in my life! We work on a learning our colors every morning too. She only knows pink for now, but we're working on it! ;]

I come home with hilarious stories almost everyday. My friends and family will talk about their significant others, or their pets, but I'll go on about the girls. I think it annoys a lot of people, but I can't help it. They're pretty much the only people I see all day, everyday. When I'm not with them, I see something that will remind me of them and I'll be like "Aw, so and so would like this!" or "The girls would have so much fun doing that!" I even find myself looking at blogs for moms, cute activites to do together, new hairstyles I can try on them, or meals that would be fun for them to help me cook and eat. I'm a full blown mom.

I've loved this job. It's helping me prepare for Chicago in so many ways! I'm working with kids about the same ages, and I'm doing the same things I'm going to be doing with my other family. I know I'm going to have a great time in Illinois. I really can't wait to go! Oh! And with that said, I only have 41 days left in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment