Monday, November 7, 2011

Wikipedia The All Knowing

So we all know that sicknesses have different effects on people, right? So why is it different with diseases? Some people have more symptoms than others, some never get any of the symptoms at all. Does that mean they don't have it?

Fibromyalgia has tons of different effects on people. Some get really bad migraines and some people have certain joints that hurt instead of their whole body.

In my case, when Fibro hits me hard enough, I get super sick. My whole body aches and I just start throwing up. (sorry to be so graphic) It can last anywhere from a day, to a week. Sure I try not to let it stop me, but occasionally, I have to let it.

I had to let it stop me yesterday. I started out my day just fine, then what I wrote above starting happening to me. I'm not trying to find pity or anything, but I had someone tell me yesterday that I use my Fibro as an excuse.

First of all, you don't know me, so don't accuse me of that.
Second, just because you "looked in to it online" DOES NOT mean you know everything there is to know about it. When you've been diagnosed with Fibro, let me know.

It really, really upsets me when people say things like that to me. It hits way too close to home, and I never use my disease as an excuse. I know my body more than anyone does, and to be told I don't know what I'm talking about, really grinds my gears! I may be overreacting, but I needed to get it off my chest. And to my dear friend that has no idea what he's talking about, let's learn to keep our mouths shut, shall we? =]

No comments:

Post a Comment