Thursday, September 15, 2011

"A Lizard With A Ladder"

Recently, I painted a picture for my dad. It was the first painting I've done in 4 years. The reason I don't paint, is because I hate keeping my own paintings. I find it pointless to paint a picture I have nothing to do with. I really do enjoy painting though, and I want to do it more frequently, so I've come up with a plan.

If ANYONE would like something painted, I would be willing to paint it free of charge. You just have to supply the canvas. Keep in mind that I'm an amateur!! I can't paint people or animals.(yet) Also, since I work two jobs, it might take a while to get finished depending on the size of the canvas and what the picture is of. This offer is serious, and I would LOVE for people to take me up on it! Friend or stranger, I'm more than willing.

Here's some of my work so you can see if you trust me or not. I'm posting them oldest, to most recently done.

One of the first paintings I ever did!

I was 11 or 12 when I did this lighthouse and entered it in the State Fair getting an honorable mention

I painted this one for my friend Ashlee.

This one was painted for my friend Emily.

I finished this one for my dad in August of this year. My favorite one by far.

My next project is going to be this picture:

It's Lewis Carroll's orginal artwork from his book "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland." Hence the title of this post. It's a quote from the book as well.
This picture is going to help me practice on both people, and animals. I'm going to do it in color though. I'm excited to try it.

As I said before, please take me up on this offer. I need all the practice I can get!

2 comments:

  1. Paint me something Ashley! I need something new on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, choose what you want, and what size you want it, and I will get started! You won't need to worry about a canvas. I can provide it since you live so far away =]

    ReplyDelete