Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Training Personally

You know how I was running and stuff? Well I haven't been running in quite a while, unfortunately. I found I'm just not motivated when someone's not doing it with me. That's why I got a personal trainer.

I met with her for the first time yesterday, and I learned a lot. I found out why I was just maintaining weight instead of losing it with all the exercise I was doing. I thought that if you ate the right amount of calories, you know, not going over the set amount, that it was a good thing. WRONG! Turns out, there's a lot more to it.

She taught me about eating "clean." That means you eat as close to the source as possible. For example, just because a Fiber One brownie is only 90 calories, can you name the source? How about Fruity Pebbles? Can you name the source of those? Now, name the source of oatmeal. Oats, right? Simple as that. Eat close to the source! It doesn't mean you're going on a diet, it means you're learning to eat better and changing your lifestyle.

To "jump start" my weight loss, my trainer gave me a menu that I have to follow exactly for the next week.
This is it:
  • 1/3 cup oats (with water) + 2 egg whites (breakfast)
  • 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese + 1 cup of veggies (snack)
  • 4 ounces chicken breast with salad (lunch)
  • 2 whole eggs + salad (snack)
  • 4 ounces fish + 2 cups of veggies (dinner)
The trick is to eat 5 small  meals a day to maintain a high metabolism, so you burn calories all day long. Usually people just eat a big meal when they're hungry, which makes their metabolism go up, but they don't eat until they get hungry again, so their metabolism is back down. It makes it so you can't burn as many calories in a day.

Hopefully this is the push I need to get to the healthy lifestyle I want. I can't wait to see what happens!

Oh, and just a quick follow-up on how my meeting went for the hair apprenticeship. The girl called me back this morning and she asked me to come shadow her and her current apprentice on Monday. I take this as a good sign! I'm pretty excited. I hope I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment