Sunday, August 28, 2011

The "R" Word. Don't Use It.

More frequently I am hearing and seeing the word I hate the very most being used over and over. Retarded. This is NOT ok. Most people say, "I don't mean it like that." or, "You're being too sensitvie." Yes, I am being sensitive because I think it's extremely offensive. People may not "mean it like that," but don't even say it in the first place. It's wrong and hurtful. It is the exact same as a racial slur. They're plain disrespectful and derogatory.

Another thing I've been seeing/hearing more of are special needs jokes. Why in the WORLD would someone find that funny? It's not! People who joke about that really need to sit down and think about what they're saying.

What if someone you love was different? Not necessarily one with a mental or physical disability, but what if they were of a different race and someone made a racial comment or joke in front of them? You would be livid. You need to put yourself in someone else's shoes before you open your mouth.


The "r" word. It's not ok.

Spread the word to end the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment