Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Truly A Viking Forever

The craziest thing happened to me today. My old peer tutor teacher from high school called me and asked me to come work for her. Wow! I've never had anyone ask me to come work for them before!

My peer tutor teacher was the reason I got into the special needs field in the first place. She's amazing at her job! I had so much fun in her class! The fact that she wants me to come work with the kids, is beyond flattering.

I'm so glad that the hours at my job now aren't conflicting with the hours of this other job. I'm going to be able to do it! Yes, I'll have two jobs, but I think I can handle it. Weekdays, I'll be working at the high school from 10:15 - 2:15, with two shifts at Hollow Park from 4:00 - 8:30 on Wednesday's and Thursday's. I'll still work my graveyards on the weekends as well. I'm only part time at the high school, so it won't be too bad handling two jobs. I'm just so excited!

I start at the high school on Monday! I'm especially happy about getting this job because I get to work with one of my former students from the charter school I worked at earlier this year. I was actually the one who showed my student's family PG High and they fell in love with it. I'm also excited to see all the looks on my new coworkers' faces! They never thought I'd make it in life at that school. Hah! It's going to be fantastic when they find out I'm working there!

 I'm honestly so happy to have the opportunity to work with these kids. I cannot wait to start! It's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment