Friday, June 3, 2011

Back On My Feet

Things have really been looking up lately. I'm feeling much better. I starting running again so that has helped a lot. In fact, I have a 5k in the morning. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Plus, it's for a good cause, so it's just all around a great thing.
I've also been bumped up to full time at work. More monies for me! I sure do like the sound of that. The only bad part about it is I won't be able spend as much time with the girls, since I'm working mostly graveyard. I still get to see them in the mornings and one day during the week. That's better than nothing! I honestly don't know how some people handle graveyards for days at a time though! I'll be working 3 in a row every week, but some people have to do it every night! Then again, I don't sleep after my shifts so that's probably part of the reason I have such a hard time with them. It's gotten so bad that I like to call my Saturday's "Sleepless Saturday's." It gets to the point where I'm up more than 42 hours because I just don't say no. I really need to start or else I'm going to make myself sick, and I really don't want to do that.
I'd have to say today was a really good day. I feel like I accomplished a lot. Morgan and I found a venue for the benefit concert for Cole, (details coming soon) and I cleaned the crap out of my house. When I wasn't feeling the happiest, I just kind of didn't care about my house work, so today, I started caring. I forget how much better it feels when everything is clean and you're worry free. You know, laundry done, dishes done, cleaning done, cooking done. It's just a great feeling to sit down and relax after all that hard work.
Well anyways, I'm so happy to be back on track with life. Being sad like that sucked, so let's hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment