Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pressure Points

Today was one of those days where my Fibro really got to me. It frustrates me so much, I just want to scream and cry at the same time. Not only does it affect me, but it affects the people around me. It puts me in such a bad mood, that I make other people uncomfortable to even be around me. Sometimes, people don't want to be near me because they're afraid they'll "catch" my illness. Fibromyalgia is not contagious.
I don't like to talk about it because I feel like I'm complaining too much. I really try to not let it get in the way of my life, when it's actually a huge part of it. To help you better understand what I feel, imagine the body aches that come with a cold. Now imagine the body aches that come with a cold x10 along with many other symptoms. I'm not sure if that actually helps you get an idea, but it's the only way I know to describe it.
I've been looking up blogs for people that also suffer from Fibromyalgia. As I've read, I've actually learned a lot. I've always noticed these things happening, but I've never connected the two. For example, I read this:

"For people with fibromyalgia, dealing with symptoms such as chronic pain, fatigue, and insomnia is only part of the battle. The disorder can also cause emotional distress, relationship problems, and social struggles."

Here's something else I read that just makes me go "YES! Exactly!"


"If you’re in chronic pain, it’s challenging for you and your friends and family. This is particularly true if you have an "invisible" condition like fibromyalgia, which is hard for other people to understand.

"I think people cannot see how it affects us—at least not like a cast on a broken arm or an open wound. I remember looking at my leg thinking that the burning, knife-like pain did not even make my skin red."

Knowing there are other people who know exactly how I feel just relieves so much. Most of the members in my family know how I feel, because they have it as well, but we don't talk about it, so that's why I've felt so alone. I'm not going to let the struggle of this stupid disease take over my life. I'm going to continue to push through this. It's not going to stop me. I will not let it win.

No comments:

Post a Comment