Thursday, April 7, 2011

You Never Know Whose Prayers You Might Answer By Doing A Good Deed

Today I got an e-mail from a complete stranger that told me she's planning a bake sale just for Cole. It brought me to tears. I've been so frustrated with nothing working out for us, so this kind of news was definitely a blessing. She told me she wants to give all the earnings to Cole and his family. I'm so thankful for the good people left in the world. This family is an answer to our prayers. She's teaching her children about helping others, and showing them what a blessing it actually is. She said she's going to be helping at least two charity's a month.
I've never been so impressed in my life. She's putting all her spare time into things like this for people she's never even met. If that's not a saint, I don't know what is. She's teaching her children a wonderful thing. I want to learn and grow from her example.
Charities are a big deal. They help save lives, they help raise awareness, they help earn money for those in need. Next time someones asks you if you'd like to donate a dollar to a charity, say yes. It's one dollar. It's not going to kill you. Next time you see a donation box, put some money in it. Even if it's just a penny, it makes a difference. Next time you hear about a bake sale, or any sort of fundraising event, go to it. EVERY PENNY COUNTS. People need as much help as they can get. I can't stress that enough.
Helping someone in need is definitely a life changing experience. It makes you feel better about yourself, and the things you have. No longer will I complain about my life. I'm completely selfish if I ever say that I have it "rough." I have no idea what it's like to have it rough. I don't have immense amounts of medical bills to pay, or a sick child to take care of. I don't have the daily struggle like so many others in the world do. I'm lucky to have the life that I do. So please, if you can, help in the slightest way! Like I said, you never know whose prayers you'll be answering.

No comments:

Post a Comment